Thursday, August 10, 2017

One Month Until Departure

Since my last post I have been pretty busy. I finally booked my flight, I've finished up some last minute paperwork, and I have been in contact with the principal at the school I'll be at in Australia. I still have some odds and ends to meet but that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

This summer I have been at home working at the little cafe in Munich, North Dakota, mowing, and helping out people any way I can to help save up enough money for this trip. My family farms, so when harvest comes I will be running grain cart as well. During this time I have been trying to spend as much time with my family and friends as I can. That being said, I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by considering I only have a month left until I fly out.

I am so excited, yet nervous for this trip. I think the part I am most scared and nervous about is the flight there. I like flying, but it's a 15 hour flight and most of it is across the ocean. Once I have arrived though, I know/ hope everything will go well. This is way I have been preparing and have everything set up in advanced.

I am so thankful that I have been able to be in contact with the principal at the school where I will be. He has been super helpful, and he is actually the one who will be picking me up from the airport when I arrive which is comforting. It's been great because not only does he know what's going on school wise, he knows all the paperwork that I need to complete upon arrival.

My latest completion was paying my matching fees and other costs on the Homestay website that I am going through for housing. I had a couple questions when using this website, but the people in charge of it were super helpful and helped me get everything situated so now I just wait until they have found a family for me to stay with. My advice would be to have done this sooner, but I'm confident they will get back to me soon.

I hope all of this is helpful for soon-to-be study abroad students, and also entertaining for others reading for fun :) Hopefully the next time I blog I will have my living situations confirmed and everything else in order for this wonderful experience!    

No comments:

Post a Comment