Tuesday, August 29, 2017

1.5 Weeks until Departure

Well, I think I have almost everything in order for my trip! I am looking forward to it more and more each day, but also nervous due to the fact the I'm traveling alone for the first time and also traveling to a whole new country/continent where I don't know anyone.

In order to go on this trip I had to get several things lined up;
1) flights
2) a place to stay (I used a website called homestaynetwork.org where they find and place you with a host family/person, I would highly recommend it)
3) Contacting the person who will pick me up from the airport and help me with any additional paperwork
4) lining everything up with the college(s) to make sure my teaching will count and I will be able to graduate
5) Contacting the principal (my supervisor) and my corresponding teacher to get to know them better and make sure they know I'm coming
6) Get all my money in order
7) Start thinking about packing
8) Get my visa
9) Get my Working with Children permit

I didn't realize all the steps and hoops I had to jump through in order to get everything lined up. I also procrastinate a lot so my advice is to NOT DO THIS! It adds stress that could've been prevented, but now I know.

While in Australia I have assignments that go along with my Student Teaching, but I am also in my Senior Capstone class at UND so I will have some assignments through that but it's all online so that's nice.

What I have learned during this planning process is to not procrastinate and to stay organized. I have quite a few papers that I need to make sure I bring with me, assignments that I have to stay on top of, and also the whole student teaching process so I am trying to get everything organized and in my planner before I forget about it!

I hope these blogs are interesting to friends and family, and also helpful for any study abroad students who are having questions and just need information in general.

The countdown is on....11 days until departure!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment