Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9-12-17

    Yesterday, I left off right before I met the lady I am staying with. She comes home from work around 6-6:30. She seems really nice and so far I have been really happy staying here.    
    Last night for supper, she made me gluten free noodles with spaghetti sauce, steamed veggies, and a lettuce salad. It was really good and I am thankful she is willing to do gluten free for me (it's not that I can't eat it, I just feel better when I don't eat it). We had supper around 7 pm and then we talked at the table until around 8. We all ate together; the lady I'm staying with (Jeanette), the man who showed me around (Paul), and the two other guys who are staying here. One of them is from Japan and the other is from Belgium. They both seem really nice and easy to get a long with.
    After supper then, I got ready for bed and was in bed by 9:15. I didn't feel tired during the day but once I laid down it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

    In my last post I said I was planning to go into the city today. This didn't happen. I woke up to my alarm at 6:20 am but then I decided I was too tired so I went back to sleep. I finally got up and ate breakfast around 10 which was a raspberry gluten free muffin, a glass of milk, and a cuties orange.
    After breakfast, I took a little hour nap and then FaceTimed my boyfriend quick to see how everything was going for him at Dental School and also to just talk to someone.
    Once we got done talking I went and finally got ready for the day and got out of my pjs! Once I was ready, I called my dad quick before he went to bed at home (15 hour time difference), and talked to him for a little bit.
    Next, I ate lunch. Jeanette had left me a sandwich as well so I had that. The sandwich was made on gluten free bread with a slice of cheese, some spinach, some tomatoes, and some red peppers. It was really good and just the right amount.
    Finally, I decided to go on a walk to make sure I remembered how to get to the bus stop. After walking to the bus stop, I decided to walk farther and so I walked by the river for quite awhile until I hit another main road and decided to turn around and run the distance back. Then, I kept going on that side of the road up to the bus stop where I would be dropped off at. From here I made sure I knew how to get back to the house. Once I got back to the house I still wasn't ready to go inside so I walked back down to the river and walked the other way until I hit another main road. Then I turned around and came back. My whole walk/run was about 4.5 miles total in distance I think. I saw a lot and I was able to get some fresh air so that was nice. *I have to get used to walking on the left side of the path!
    When I got back to the house, I showered and got all cleaned up. Then I ate a banana, caught up on social media, checked some emails, and decided to take another nap. This nap consisted of sleeping on and off from around 3:30-6:30. I was so tired even though I slept really good last night. Hopefully I can sleep well again tonight.
    At 6:45 Jeanette called me to supper where I had teriyaki chicken with white rice, a little mini pizza, and some steamed veggies. For desert I had a chocolate ice cream bar!
    After supper, Jeanette showed me different websites and we looked up different flights to get an idea of how much traveling during my two week break would cost. I'm a little disappointed with how expensive the flights we found were, but hopefully I can keep looking and find something a bit cheaper. It's great to have the two week break, but that is the schools' holiday break, so everyone has a break during that time so that is why flights go up.
    After looking at travel ideas, I got ready for bed, updated this blog, and now I'm off to bed as soon as I'm done with this! I start at the school tomorrow so I have to leave around 7 am to get to the bus stop!

I'm excited to meet my students! I hope everything goes well!
 More pictures of the sandstone I was talking about yesterday. 

 My milk I had for breakfast! 
 The house I am staying in. 
 The street I am staying on.
 I took the path on Cook River on my walk. 
 A huge cactus (I think) that I saw on my walk. 
 The path I walked on. *notice I have to walk on the left side! 
 Yes! This is a man on a bike, driving down the path, taking his pony on a "walk"! This actually made me giggle as he went by! 

Goodnight everyone! Wish me luck tomorrow for my first day at the school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment