Monday, September 18, 2017

9-18-2017

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: yogurt + fresh fruit + hard boiled egg + orange juice
Lunch: sandwich with cheese, spinach, and tomatoes + popcorn + orange + banana
Supper: chicken + wrap with humus and falafel + cheesecake
*I also had a rice crispy bar before supper because I was really hungry and I had forgotten about them in my drawer. My mom sent them with me when I left, so I should probably eat those soon!

School Schedule:
8:35 - roll call/ silent reading or writing 2nd draft
8:45 - Ms. Harder: About Me lesson
9:25 - 6th grade IRT Presentations
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Ms. Harder: Math lesson on 2D shapes
12:20 - Math and Art/ Writing (if time)
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Topic
2:35 - Music/ pack up
3:15 - Music/ Go home

     Today was SUPER busy. I taught two lessons today so that was fun, and I didn't have that much preparation because everything I had done this weekend so that was nice. We had little things that popped up during that day that we went to such as; talking about how my lessons went, talking to Joliette (a Boston student who is also in a 5th grade classroom) about next term's planning, looking over their journals that I had them use in my lesson, looking over their math workbooks that I had them use in my lesson (this I never actually got to), a meeting after school at 3:30 with teachers from another school who were there to talk about math. Just things like this that I was informed about, but I had to go to for experience and such. All this being said, I didn't get home until 6:30 and luckily I took the 412 today so my walk in the dark wasn't too far. Don't worry, I had a key in my hand and also pepper spray just in case, but hopefully I won't have to use it!
    My 'All About Me' lesson went really well. The students asked me questions and were very good listeners during the whole thing so I was really happy about that. I also enjoyed reading about them in their journals and leaving them little comments to go back and read as well!
    My math lesson about how to translate, rotate, and reflect 2D shapes was a bit different. I felt really prepared and I think it went well, I just had a little trouble with classroom management and I should've demonstrated how to do the rotation part because that confused a lot of people. As a result of the confusion, my cooperating teacher and I were going around the room and doing a mini/ one-on-one lesson with the students who needed a bit more help. I didn't mind doing this but it was a bit time consuming and could've been avoided had I demonstrated the process better. Oh well, you live and learn and next time I know how to make my lesson better.
    Once I finally got home, I took a shower to relax and unwind from the day, then I started looking at flights and travel plans a bit more. I also updated my blog entry from yesterday so it's all caught up.
     Then around 7 Jeanette called me for supper and we ate, and then she asked me a whole bunch of questions about my travels and helped me sort some things out. I'm still not completely booked, but I'm getting there and hopefully tomorrow I will know more and have more things planned! Right now though, I am exhausted so I am off to bed to rest up for another busy and exciting school day tomorrow!
    Goodnight and I'll post again tomorrow! :)

*Sidenote: I can't believe I've already been here for a week! It's going to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment