Thursday, September 21, 2017

9-21-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast: fresh fruit + yogurt + water
Lunch: sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers + hard boiled egg + raspberry/chocolate muffin + and orange + bottled water
Supper: beef 'chunks' + steamed veggies + salad + rice + cheesecake + juice + water

8:35 - roll call/ silent reading
8:45 - Drama
9:25 - Presentations
10:00 - Language - I sat in on French today!
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Presentations
12:20 - Lunch
1:00 - Sport
1:55 - Sport
2:35 - Sport/ Pack up
3:15 - Go home - I helped with pickup again today.

    Today, I was running a bit behind this morning so I need to make it a priority to get up earlier from now on. I wasn't late, I just felt a bit overwhelmed when I don't have time before class to 'gather myself''. I also had to go down to the tech center at the school to talk with the IT guys and see if they could help me with my computer. I found out that the hard drive had crapped out so my options were to buy a new hard drive and install it myself, or take it to Apple and have them install it which would cost more. They also said if I needed documents off of it, I would have to pay quite a bit to have it recovered. I did not need this extra stress before my already stressful trip with planning, but what can you do? So, after talking with them I finally got to class.
    Today in class, we finished the book we were reading for drama and got almost done with the presentations. We will finish the last couple up tomorrow. I also got to sit in on one period of French class. This was really cool. Along with the other language classes, it's interesting to see but I have no idea what they are saying.
    After the first period of language they had recess so I had a little snack then. I had a gluten free chocolate chip cookie. I also called home to let them know what was happening with my computer. Then at 11, I went and met my cooperating teacher to discuss lesson plans for the next term. We also got it settled so the school will lend me a computer for the remainder of the time I am here. I am so relieved that they are allowing this because I need a computer for lesson plans and I don't want to have to use Jeanette's all the time.
    Next, we went back to the room and the students showed more presentations. They have done such a good job with this project, I'm blown away with the information they are explaining.
    After this, we had lunch and then it was time for sport. Because it's the end of the term we weren't bussed to a playing field today. Instead all the grade 5 and 6 students went to the park. There, we split them up for different things. I was able to go on a hike with about 15 of the and 2 other teachers. This was really cool because I was able to see more of the city. We walked down by Blackwattle Bay Harbor, and then played at a park for a little bit. We were gone for about an hour and a half so it was a good walk to go on. We were also a bit late getting back so I didn't have to help with pickup for very long. I don't know the cars and kids anyway so I really don't do much during pickup time.
    After school, I went to the Broadway mall to add more money to my Opal card so I can keep riding the bus. This didn't take very long and then I was on my way to try and find the Sydney Center YHA. The YHA is a company that has hostels all over the world and they are a very good and safe for younger people to stay. I am planning to stay in these during my trip so I wanted to go and get more information and help booking my stay.
    While there, I booked what nights I would be staying and I also became a member. By being a member, you get 10% off your stay each time. It was only $15 Australian Dollars so I figured it was worth it.
    After that, I got a bus home and relaxed until supper was ready. It sucks not having a computer to do homework and stuff, but yet it's kind of nice because then I can relax and read if I want.
    Soon it was time for supper, and then I talked with Takuya (the Japanese student) about where he was staying because we will be in Cairns and Port Douglas at the same time.
    After that, I have been updating my blog because I want to get to bed early tonight!
*Tomorrow my cooperating teacher invited me out to drinks and supper with him and a few of the other teachers so that should be fun!
    Hopefully tomorrow is a better day than yesterday and today have been with bad things happening. I'll update tomorrow to let you know!

 Pictures from out 'hike' down by the harbor.



 This is the building with all the plants growing up the side of it again. I took this from the other side this time.
 More plants and flowers that I walk by too and from the bus stop each day. They are so pretty!  


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your Japanese friend/housemate has a name😉. Love the pix!!

    ReplyDelete