Sunday, September 17, 2017

9-17-2017

Today's Meals:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + toast with peanut butter + orange juice
Lunch = a sandwich with cheese, tomatoes, and spinach + a 'fruit granola bar' + water
Snack = raspberry gelato in a cone + super food balls
Supper = BBQ ribs + salad + steamed veggies + seared steak + strawberry cheesecake with ice cream

    Today, I woke up around 9 am to get ready for the busy day ahead. I showered, got dressed, did my morning routine, ate breakfast, and then started laundry. Jeanette only has a washer therefore, she hangs it all out to dry. This is great and I am completely fine with it because I like my clothes to air dry better any way. On the other hand though, I'm not a huge fan of everyone seeing my underwear. This being said, I hung them on the far end of the line and brought everything in as soon as we got home for our adventures that day.
    Jeanette was expecting another homestay to be coming today and she said if he wasn't here by 1 pm we would just go and the Japanese guy could let him in. Luckily, he texted her around 10 to say he wouldn't be here until 6 or 7. This was good because then we didn't have to wait around for him.
    All morning, she was busy getting his bedroom ready so I used this time to make some phone calls and FaceTime my family. It was a great talk and they gave me the go head to travel during my break (next week and the week after are school holidays)! So, I found a really cheap flight to Cairns where the Great Barrier Reef is so I booked that quick before we left around 1 pm.
    When we left, we headed to the 412 bus stop. I hadn't taken this bus before so it was nice to be able to test it out with Jeanette and Haroun (the guy from Belgium). We rode the bus until we got to Dulwich Hill where we got on the train. The train then took us all the way to where we were going to get onto the ferry.
    We had to rush to get on the ferry. Because it was Sunday, (and family fun day where you can ride the train, bus, and ferry as much as you want and only pay $2.50 the entire day) the ferry was really busy so we had to quickly get there before it was full and they didn't accept any more people on until the next one that came later.
    Once we got on the ferry, we stood by the edge to get a better view. It was awesome because not only did I get some amazing pictures of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, I was able to look at the water and the whole coastline as we made our way to Manly. The ferry ride took about 20 minutes, and it was great!
    Finally we arrived at Manly and we walked down the coast to see where the aquarium was and where you would go if you wanted to do the Manly walk. This walk takes you all along the coast, through the national park, and past some really pretty beaches. Hopefully I am able to do that some weekend when it gets a bit warmer.
    Next, we walked down the sidewalks, through the market, and to the Manly surf beach. The beach was really pretty and I was surprised at how busy it was for it still being pretty chilly out. After seeing the beach then, we walked through the stands at the market and looked around the shops in that area too.
    After that, we didn't have a lot of time left so we went and got ice cream. I got raspberry ice cream in a cone and it was sooo good! I love ice cream so it was the perfect way to end the day. While Haroun and I ate our ice cream, Jeanette went into a grocery store to get food for supper that night. Then we were off to meet the bus because the ferry would've been too busy and taken too long to get home.
    Once on the bus, we rode it all the way to Sydney Centre where we then got off and got on the train. The train then took us Newtown where we got on another bus that took us to the bus stop close to the house.
    When we got home, I worked some on my lesson, we ate supper, and the new guy from Belgium (named Louis) arrived and he ate with us. He seams really nice.
    Then after supper I went and finished my lesson, got ready for bed, and finally went to sleep after a long day!

My laundry hanging out to dry. 
The train station at Dulwich Hill. 

Sydney Opera House from our ferry ride. 
Harbour Bridge from our ferry ride. 
Luna Park next to the Harbour Bridge. 
So excited for Manly!!
The coastline from our ferry ride. 

Manly surf beach!
The amazing ice cream shop that we stopped at! 
Me with my raspberry ice cream!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog!!! You look like u r having sooo much fun😊😎.

    ReplyDelete