Saturday, September 23, 2017

9-23-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast: mixed fruit + yogurt + toast with peanut butter + milk
Lunch: salad + pasta and tomato sauce + lemonade
Supper: salad + chicken + rice + steamed veggies + ice cream bar + lemonade + water

    Today, I woke up around 8:30. I started some laundry and then got ready for the day. I had to do a bunch of homework, make some more travel plans, and also call my family.
    After starting laundry, I ate breakfast and then started on my travel plans. I got everything booked and ready for my Cairns trip and a few things in New Zealand. This took a huge amount of the stress off and now I am really excited for it.
    Around noon, I called my parents and talked to them for a hour! This was a busy week so we had a lot to talk about!
    Then after talking to them, I looked at a few more things before starting on homework. I did my capstone assignment and a couple other things for school. I won't get back from my travels until October 7th, so I am trying to get the majority of my stuff done before I go so I won't have to do quite as much when I get back.
    I worked on homework for most of the afternoon. I also finished my laundry and packed for my trip. I only get 7 kg on the plane so I'm only taking my backpack. It should be interesting.
    Finally, around 7:30 we ate supper and discussed some travel plans and what I was doing. Takuya is also going to Cairns so we were talking about what we were doing and what days we were doing what.
    Then I went back to homework and finished up the paper I had to write.
    Today was a pretty boring day. I got a lot of homework done so that's good. I will also get to bed early which is also a plus considering tomorrow and the next 2 weeks will be pretty busy with travel.
     I'm not bringing my computer with, so I will have to hope their is a computer at the hostels I am staying in, or catch up on them when I get back. I think their are computers at the hostels, so we will hope for that.
    Until then, wish me luck on my journeys! :)

Travel Plan:
Sunday, September 24th:
    Fly from Sydney to Brisbane 1:30 pm - 3 pm
    Brisbane to Cairns 8 pm - 10:25
Take a shuttle from the airport to Cairns Central YHA at 11 pm

Monday, September 25th:
Get on the shuttle outside my hostel at 6:45 am to go to Mossman Gorge from 9 am - 1 pm
Look around Port Douglas from 1 pm - 3 pm
Get on the shuttle to go to Palm Cove at 3:15 pm and get picked up again at 6 pm
Ride the shuttle back to my hostel in Cairns

Tuesday, September 26th:
Walk down to the reef terminal and check in 7 am
Load up on the boat around 8 am
Spend the whole day out on the Great Barrier Reef snorkeling and I am going to learn how to scuba dive as well!

Wednesday, September 27th:
Hopefully sleep in :)
Look around Cairns all day, probably hang around a beach all day
Catch a shuttle or bus back to the airport around 3 pm
    Fly from Cairns to Melbourne 8:40 pm - 12:05 am
    Fly from Melbourne to Queenstown 5:15 am - 11:30 am

Thursday, September 28th:
Arrive in Queenstown, New Zealand
Take a shuttle to Lakefront YHA where I will be staying
*Figure out what I want to do in New Zealand.
- I know I'm taking the 8.5 hour bus trip from Queenstown to Christchurch but I'm not sure which day
- I also know that I will be doing a lot of hiking and nature exploring, and seeing the towns as well (museums,  lakes, art galleries, gardens, etc.) while I'm there.

The rest of the days are up in the air until;
Saturday, October 7th:
    Fly from Christchurch to Sydney 5:15 pm - 6:45 pm 

Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Casey, and enjoy this very special time in your youth! These are memories you will treasure forever! Luv ya, Mom 😘

    ReplyDelete