Friday, September 22, 2017

9-22-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast: mixed fruit + yogurt + hard boiled egg + water
Lunch: sandwich with spinach, cheese, cucumber, and tomatoes + raspberry and chocolate chip muffin + bottled water + popcorn 
Supper: fish tacos + fries + a couple drinks
*We had a teacher party at the Rose Hotel so I had a couple drinks there. Then 2 of the Boston girls and I went out to a Mexican restaurant and that's where I had the fish tacos and fries. We also got a pitcher of sangria to share. My first night out in Sydney!!

8:35 - roll call/ silent reading
8:45 - Presentions
9:25 - Library
10:00 - Presentations
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Presentations/ clean up :)
11:40 - Golden Time
12:20 - Music
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Language
2:35 - Language
3:15 - Go home
*On Fridays, David (my cooperating teacher) lets me go home when the kids leave for music. So, I ate a little of my lunch and then left to get on the bus. This way I can get work done or use it to explore the city more! Yay! :)

    Today,  I woke up and got ready just like every other school day. Then at school, the students mainly worked on finishing their presentations and cleaning up the classroom and their lockers for the end of term.
    At library, I checked out the book "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen so I can read it and get ready for next term since I will be using it for my lessons. I am doing a whole unit called "Shipwrecked" which I am super excited but nervous for. In this lesson, the students will get into teams and then they will pick which island off of Australia they are stranded on. Then they will make up their character and background of the character to tell us about. Next, they will be researching that island. What animals and plants are on this island? What's the weather like? And so on. After that we will go into voting for who the leader should be in their team and what the different jobs are that each person will be doing. They will also have to map out the island and use math to convert the measurements and draw it smaller but proportional on paper.
    I have to teach the whole time for 1 week during the middle of the term, and 2 weeks at the end of the term but I will be doing this whole unit throughout the term. I think it'll be fun and I'm hoping the students really enjoy it! 
    Finally around 12:45 I got on the bus to go back home. Once I got home I did my weekly reflection that I have to turn into my supervisor every Friday, and then I got ready to go back into town to the pub.
    The pub we went to was called the Rose Hotel. It was a really cute little bar that had a really nice enclosed patio that we all sat in. It was so nice to be able to talk to every one and see how they act outside of school! :)
    At around 6:30, 2 of the Boston University girls and I left and went to their apartment quick to decide what we were going to do next.
    We then decided to go get food so we went to a little Mexican restaurant and that is where I had fish tacos and we shared a pitcher of sangria. It was really nice and fun to get to know them better!
    After we ate, we went back to their apartment. As they were getting ready to go out, we just talked and listened to music until around 9.
    Finally, at 9:30 they were ready to go but I was getting tired and I knew I had a lot to get done the next day so I walked down to the bus stop and got on the 412 so I wouldn't have as far of a walk back to the house.
    Once I got home, I quickly got home and went to bed. I was exhausted and tomorrow was going to be another big day!
 More flowers on my walk home. 

 On my walk to the bus stop to go to the pub.
 At the Rose Hotel. 
 Violet, me, and Amye. Two of the Boston University girls who are also student teaching at IGS.



 They aren't very big Trump fans here...
 Walking to their apartment. 
 Our sangria at the Mexican Restaurant! 
 Sydney at night!! I love all the lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment