Wednesday, September 20, 2017

9-20-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast: fresh fruit + yogurt + hard boiled egg + orange juice
Lunch: sandwich with spinach, cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers + raspberry muffin + bottled water + orange + a sugar banana (it tastes the same as a regular banana it is just a bit sweeter and also smaller)
Supper: salmon + rice + steamed veggies + salad + lemonade + water + cheesecake

School Schedule:
8:35 - roll call/ silent reading
8:45 - Assembly - This is the last week of the term so they had their end of term awards today.
9:25 - Language - Today, I was able to sit in on Japanese. I've been sitting in on German but I switched it up today, and tomorrow I'm going to French. It amazes me how much these kids know. It's really cool to sit in on these lessons, but also really boring because I don't know what they are saying.
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Presentations
11:40 - Drama
12:20 - Drama
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Presentations
2:35 - Presentations
3:15 - Go home
*I also went to an all primary teacher staff meeting tonight that went from 4-5. At this meeting, they talked about development and what the staff thought the biggest changes to be. The biggest issue was discipline and trying to improve the behavioral system. The teachers would also like to see a procedure that is used across the board when it comes to rules and following them. The system right now is really old and kids are different these days so therefore some changes need to be made.
It was interesting to see the conversations that got brought up and see the problems that were an issue in their school and what they are doing to fix it. It was a good experience.

    Today, I got up and get ready just like any other day. I left without Jeanette though, because she was waiting for Lewis to see if he wanted us to wait for him. He ended up telling her to go without him, but I had already gotten on a bus before she arrived at the stop. So, I rode the bus by myself which was just fine.
    In school, we focused mainly on having the students present their websites today. They were really good and the students did a nice job and working to spread awareness on how important clean water is for developing countries.
    After school, I worked on an assignment I have for my Capstone class for about 45 minutes and then we went to the meeting which I described up top.
    Finally, I was able to go home. I caught the 412 bus so I wouldn't have as far of a walk because it was starting to get dark outside. So, I quickly walked home.
    Once I was home, I was doing some stuff on my computer but then my computer froze so I shut it down. Now it won't show the home screen where I log on so I am on Jeanette's computer right now. Hopefully it just needed a rest and in the morning it will turn on. If not, I'll take it to tec support and pray they can fix it. It's never done this before so I hope it turns on in the morning.
    Soon after I got on the computer, Jeanette called for supper. During super, Haroun was talking about his trip that he's going on and how there have been some problems with his flight home (back to Belgium). The Japanese guy also wants to change some things dealing with his trip. On top of it, I'm trying to book my trips so it's really a stressful time here with everyone's travel plans and on top of that, school and work. Tomorrow I will go to a travel agency and get things in order. I have my flights I just need to figure out where I am staying. Jeanette mentioned the YHA youth hostels that are all over the world so I am going to their office tomorrow to talk to someone there for more information and to hopefully book a bed. The YHA is a really good and safe organization from what Jeanette has told me, and their website seems really good too. Also, for how much I will be traveling, I plan on to become a member so I get discounted rooms as well. I just want to get this planning process over with!
    Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope I get some answers and the rest of my trip booked! Wish me luck (with my trip and my computer, please)!!  

This is a picture of one of the many kinds of flowers I walk by on my way to the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment