Tuesday, November 14, 2017

11-14-2017

Weather: High of 72 degrees with mostly sunny skies.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + a 'nut energy bar' because we ran out of bread + milk
Lunch = salad + banana + orange + water
Supper = sushi + banana + popcorn

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Casey's Math lesson on Prisms and Pyramids
9:25 - Carry over of math lesson
10:00 - Topic: worked more on their papers
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - P.E.
11:40 - Language
12:20 - Langauge
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Worked more on their papers for topic
2:35 - Continued working on their papers, and if they finished they started on a Grammar unit
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I got to school around 8 and got the last minute things ready for the day.
    I was teaching all the lessons in the morning and they went really well. For topic, I was able to explain my expectations for the paper more and give them better examples which cleared up some lingering questions they still had. For math, I also did a K-W-L charts with them and we used the little whiteboards to draw a pyramid and prism. By doing this, the students stay more engaged and it makes the lesson more fun as well.
    Finally after lunch, they worked more on their papers and most of them are either done or really close to finish. I told them this was the last class time they would have to work on their paper, so if they didn't get it done it would be part of their homework for the week to get done by Friday.
    After school then, I corrected the math work they had done. I then packed up my stuff and headed to the gym.
    At the gym, I decided to go for a swim and I swam a total of 810 yards! I love swimming and it is a great form of exercise as well so that was good. I then quickly showered to get ready to meet Jeanette and head to a movie.
    After my shower, I realized I forgot my hair brush. I had enough time so I quickly went home. Jeanette then texted me and said that it was too expensive where we were going to go, so we decided to go to the same place we went last week. This worked out well because I knew better where I was going and also, the movie wasn't until 6:30 so I had plenty of time to get home.
    I then meet Jeanette around 6:25. The movie 'started' at 6:30 but there is about 20 minutes of ads so we went and I got sushi for supper.
    We finally got to the movie and found our spots. We went to "Murder on the Orient Express" and it was really good. So far, all the movies I have seen here have been really good. I also like going in the middle of the week because it's a nice break in everything that's going on.
    After the movie, we got the train back to our suburb. We then went to the grocery store quick because we had some time to waste before the bus came. I personally would've rather walked home, but Jeanette seemed really timed so I didn't say anything.
    We got home around 10. I quickly got ready for bed. I didn't read or anything I just went to bed. With all the exercise and school I've been pretty tired, but this way I sleep really well! :)
Happy Hump Day Tomorrow :)

*Only 3 more Tuesdays left!
*15 more days of school
*23 days until I come home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment