Wednesday, November 8, 2017

11-8-2017

Weather: High of 65 degrees. Chilly with a few showers in the morning.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
- I also tried vegemite on a little piece of toast, it wasn't very good
Lunch = Salad + banana + gluten free chocolate chip muffin
Supper = Beef + salad + steamed veggies + cheesecake + ice cream

Schedule:
8:35 - Finish their avatar/ silent read
8:45 - Assembly
9:25 - Language (I went and observed in a first grade classroom and helped with reading groups)
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Math
11:40 - Math
12:20 - Typequick / Finish Spelling unit
1:00 -Lunch
1:55 - Topic - Casey's lesson on Natural Disasters
2:35 - Topic carried over / Writing about natural disasters on their islands (which we didn't get to)
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I thought I set my alarm for 5:45 like I always do. Once that goes off then, I set it for 6 or 6:10 depending what I think. Well, today I woke up at 5:33 to what I think was my alarm going off. I thought it was weird but reset it for what I thought was 6. I then woke up at 6:18 and my alarm handed gone off. Luckily I woke up, because when I had check I had reset it for 5. Whoops. I quickly got out of bed, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop.
    Once I got to school, I updated my blog from yesterday and as I was doing that 2 teachers came in. They then informed me that Mr. Engelbert was sick and one of them was the sub that was going to be helping out today. I then checked my email, and sure enough he had emailed and gave me an outline for what to do during the periods he was supposed to teach.
    It worked pretty well for the most part. There were a few behavior problems and student not listening, but nothing too major.
    After school on Wednesdays, we usually haver professional development meetings so I asked the teacher next door if we had something. She said there was a meeting with the other year 5 teachers and she would let me know what to do since Mr. Engelbert wasn't here.
    While I waited, I got the board ready and neatened up the classroom some. After I had done that, she still hadn't come back so I just left. I'm not sure if I was supposed to do this but oh well.
    I caught the bus and got home around 4:40. I then had a quick snack of fresh fruit and yogurt, did dishes for Jeanette, and then changed into my workout clothes.
    For my workout, I did a 45 minute high intensity workout plus a 15 minute ab workout.
    I then got done and showered quick before supper.
    We ate around 7:30 which is a little later then normal so I'm not sure where Jeanette had been, oh well. None of us will starve! :)
    After supper then, I finished my blog for today, got ready for bed, read some of my book, and went to bed.  After the late night I had last night I'm pretty tired. Goodnight!

*Only 4 more Wednesdays left! :)

One of my students brought me cookies today! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment