Thursday, November 23, 2017

11-23-2017 Happy Thanksgiving

Weather: High of 74 degrees with mostly sunny and clear skies.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad + banana + gluten free blueberry muffin
Supper = we went to the hotel where Louis works and the staff knows Jeanette and Paul really well so we were literally treated like royalty. The chef brought out about 5 starters while we were waiting for our meals. I had ordered another starter of lamb with beetroot sauce and it was really good. Paul had also ordered a bottle of white wine. After that we ordered a chocolate tart and a lime tart for all of us to share which was really nice. It was just enough so I wasn't stuffed. The manager also brought out 3 shots of coffee flavored patron for Takuya, Louis, and me. It smelt terrible but the after taste actually wasn't too bad.

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Finished up drama from yesterday/ Read Chapter 18 from Hatchet, only one chapter left!
9:25 - Topic, working on writing their plays
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess (Some students stayed in to work on their plays)
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Lesson on Thanksgiving (Mr. Hamper, my supervisor, came in to observe my lesson)
12:20 - Lunch and met with Mr. Hamper to go over my lesson and how it went
1:00 - Sport
1:55 - Sport
2:35 - Sport
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I then got to the school around 8 and got things ready for the day.
     The day then went on as normal and I was able to do a lesson on Thanksgiving! The students really enjoyed it and it was fun to be able to share some of my background with them.
     We then had our last day of sport (rock climbing all afternoon).
     Once we got back to the school, I got the board ready for tomorrow, corrected some work, finished one of the books I borrowed from the library. Then I walked to Darling Harbour because this is where we were all meeting to have supper because Louis is moving out this weekend so it was like a 'goodbye' supper and it just so happened to land on Thanksgiving so that was really nice. Before supper I looked around the shops and got a few more gifts for people back home!
     Around 6:45 we met and had supper. We got all the food above, plus both Takuya and Louis had tenderloin, and Paul and Jeanette ordered some more bread and shared some curry. All of this food and the bill was only around $125! The staff, chef, and managers love Jeanette and Paul and since Louis works there he got a good discount too so it was really great food and it was a lot of fun as well!
     After supper then, we got the light rail and then a bus home. We finally got home around 10:30, I got ready for bed, and went to bed shortly after. I was exhausted but it had been a great day!
 Happy Friday tomorrow! :)

*Only 2 Thursdays left!
*Only 8 days of school left!
*14 days until I come home!

 My lamb dish! It was delicious! 
Our view from the balcony right outside of where we were sitting.  

 My 'family' away from home! 
Such an amazing view! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment