Friday, November 24, 2017

11-24-2017

Weather: High of 80 degrees with clear and sunny skies.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + hard boiled egg + milk
Lunch = sandwich + banana + dried apricots + water
Supper = sandwich + sweet potato fries + water + ice cream

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Digital Citizenship
9:25 - Library
10:00 - Math lesson on percentage
10:40 - Recess (I let students stay in to work on their plays if they wanted)
11:00 - Spelling test/ finish Hatchet/ work on plays
11:40 - Work on plays
12:20 - Music
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Language
2:35 - Language
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I got up a little earlier, got ready, ate breakfast, then called to FaceTime my family (everyone who was at my Grandma and Papa Harder's place) on Thanksgiving their time. When I called they had just finished up eating lunch so I got passed around the table to talk to everyone for a quick bit before I had to leave and catch the bus. This was really great and I'm glad it worked out to talk to them.
    Once I got to school, I printed off the materials I would need for the day, got the board ready, and put up the pictures my mom had sent me of the table and family.
    Students then started coming in around 8:35, the read quietly, I took roll, and then we quickly went over the picture and some more information on what my family was doing at home. I had taught a lesson on Thanksgiving on Thursday but this just gave them some more information and made it a little more personal by me sharing stuff about my family.
    Then the day started and went on like normal.
    At 12:20 the student went to music and I was able to go back to the room, get some things read for Monday, and then head out because we don't see them Friday afternoons. I wish was the case when I start teaching back home but sadly I don't think I'll get that lucky.
     After leaving, I went to Paddy's market where I had gone last week. I exchanged a shirt and found the last of my Christmas gifts I needed to find for people! Yay.
    After Paddy's, I went to the DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) to look around and see if they had any good deals for Black Friday. The traffic there was terrible so I only had about 45 minutes before I had to leave because I was meeting Anne in Bondi Junction around 6 to go to church at 7. I ended up being a bit late, but luckily we had plenty of time.
    Church started at 7 and it didn't get done until 9:30! Stacey Campbell, who is from Canada, spoke and it was a really great message. I highly recommend looking her up!
    Then after church, by the time we caught a train and a bus it was around 11:30 when we got home. I talked to Jeanette then for a bit, got ready for bed, and went to sleep quickly after that. This week was exhausting but it flew by. Now on to have a great week and finish up with my last full week of teaching next week! :)

*Only 1 Friday left
*Only 7 days of school left!
*13 days until I come home!

 Pictures from home. My family celebrating Thanksgiving. This was my first Thanksgiving not at home, but thankfully I'll be home for Christmas! :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment