Friday, November 3, 2017

11-1-2017

Weather: High of 72 and windy (but not as bad as yesterday)

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad with cucumber, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, peppers, ham, egg, and honey mustard + orange + banana + water
Supper = steamed veggies + salad + salmon + water + mint chocolate chip ice cream

    Today was a pretty easy day. I got up, got ready, and road the bus to school like normal. I then got the board ready. I didn't really have any papers to get ready so that was nice.
    I taught a topic lesson where they were finishing up their maps of their islands. This was a fun way to have them understand the concept of grid references and direction.
    I also let them have time to work on their shelters they are building. They are almost done so I think about 15-20 minutes next week should give them enough time.
    Today, I met with my supervisor at 12:30 to go over my mid-term evaluation. He said the main thing is just to try and make those bonds with the students. I thought, if this is what I need the most work on, that should be easy enough. It's so different from the US because there we are told that you aren't their friend and you really aren't supposed to give them a lot of details about your personal life. This makes sense but if they ask I'm not going to lie to them, so I'll really focus on that during these next couple of weeks.
     Today, I also got to administer a perimeter and area pretest for math. This will give me good experience on covering a unit from start (pretest) to finish (post test).
     I stayed around until about 4:30 correcting the pretests so I finally got home around 5:30. I then went for a 4.25 mile run/walk and did a 15 minute ab workout. I then showered and we ate supper.
    After supper then, I packed my bag, got ready for bed, read for a bit, and went to bed by 10. I have a big day tomorrow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment