Thursday, November 16, 2017

11-16-2017

Weather: High of 74 degrees with some showers forming in the afternoon and evening.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad + banana + orange + water + dried apples for 'dessert'
Supper = salad + beef 'bits' + fish + steamed veggies + lemonade + mint chocolate ice cream bar

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading/ Working on reports
9:00 - Math (Mr. Engelbert and I took the enrichment kids and did a lesson about percent with them)
9:25 - Carry over of math
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Topic (I taught them about symbols and why they are important. Then they started an activity where they will be picking different symbols for their islands. For example; island bird, island fish, island animal, island flag, island seal, etc.)
12:20 - Lunch (We have lunch early since we have sport today)
1:00 - Sport (All the gym teachers are gone this week for a conference, so Mr. Engelbert had to help with a different sport and a substitute helped me take our group to rock climbing)
1:55 - Sport
2:35 - Sport
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I woke up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I got to school around 8 and got the board ready since I hadn't done it the night before.
    Once students started to come in, they were either to read quietly if they had finished their reports or grab a computer and get started on that right away.
     Then the day started. Thursdays are pretty easy because we have sport all afternoon so that's nice. The day carried on like normal.
     Once we got back from sport then, I got the board ready for tomorrow and headed to the bus stop. I was then stopped on the way by two ladies who approached me and asked if I had time to listen to a '5 minute speech'. I said yes (5 minutes was fine and I thought that maybe they were part of a university and this was an assignment so I thought it would be fine). It turns out they were part of a church and wanted to talk to me all about God and the 'bride'. I do believe in God and go to church often, but once they came to the part about the 'bride', I wasn't so sure. They also stated that their church is the only church I the world who believe in the bride, so right there some red flags went off. Also, this speech lasted way longer then 5 minutes and I had a bus to catch so I was getting a little annoyed because what they were talking about I didn't believe and therefore was losing interest. The main lady talking also just read from her book and the newspaper she had so I felt like it wasn't very personal if she had to read it word-by-word.
     I am always getting pulled into these types of things so from now on I'm just going to be blunt that I don't have time or keep walking because if I wanted to hear about that stuff I would seek it out on my own.
    I finally got on a bus and just went home instead of going to the gym. I was tired and didn't want to spend that extra time.
    Once I got home then, I ordered some gifts off Amazon, had a quick snack, then did a 45 minutes workout and 15 minute ab workout off my app. I then showered in the tub (we have a shower head hookup so it wasn't too bad), got cleaned up, and read some before supper.
    We finally had supper. Lewis was at work so it was Jeanette, Takuya, and me.
    After supper then, I got ready for bed and read (and finished) my book. I had borrowed Harry Potter and the Cursed Child from the school library so I wanted to finish that before library tomorrow. So, I read a little under 200 pages, finished it, and then went to bed around 11.
Tomorrow is Friday! Yay :)

*Only 3 Thursdays left!
*Only 13 days of school left!
*21 days until I come home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment