Saturday, November 4, 2017

11-4-2017

Weather: High of 65 degrees. Overcast skies and rainy

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = mango + banana + a 'nut' bar (energy bar) + water
Supper = salad + brisket + steamed veggies + mint chocolate chip ice cream + lemonade + water

    Today, I got up at 8:30. I've had so much to do for the past couple weeks that this is the latest I've 'slept in' for quite awhile. One I got up, I washed my lights (I did the darks last night) and got things going. I had breakfast and got ready while Jeanette and Paul went to run and errand and also pick up my package from the post office.
     Once they got back, I got things ready and Paul, Jeanette, and I left for the day. We were dropping Jeanette at her daughter's place to then go on to a baby shower. Paul and I were then onto Featherdale Wildlife Park for the day.
     Traffic was backed up so it took us about an hour to get to where we were dropping Jeanette off and then and hour past that to get to Featherdale.
     We finally got to Featherdale around 1:30. It was really cool and a day well spent. All the animals were out because it wasn't too hot for them so that was good. I got to pet Red-Necked Pademelon, some other types of kangaroos, and also a koala. All of the animals here were native to Australia. It was a lot of fun!
     On the way back then, we picked Jeanette up and I got to meet her daughter (Lisa), her daughter's husband (Andrew), and got to see their daughter (Adeline) again. Her daughter just finisher student teaching in a 5th and 6th grade classroom so we talked a little about that which was nice.
     We finally got home around 6:30. Jeanette started supper while I did some homework. We ate then around 7.
     After supper then, I helped as much as I could to put away supper and then I started on updating my blog and homework. I hope to work on this until 9, get ready for bed, read a chapter from my book, and go to bed. I'm meeting a friend at 8:20 to go to church in the morning so hopefully I can get some stuff done and also get a lot of sleep tonight.

Goodnight :)

 I got to pet a Red-Necked Pademelon! They are like little kangaroos. I saw some babies too :)
One of the babies! 
  I got to meet Monty and get a picture with him. 
 Another type of kangaroo I got to pet! 
 A Hairy-Nosed Wombat!
Koala running around its cage. 
Echidna! 
Penguins! 

*We also saw tons of all different kinds of birds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment