Wednesday, November 15, 2017

11-15-2017

Weather: high of 74 degrees with sunny skies. May be a bit windy throughout the day.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad + banana + peach + water
Supper = salad + steamed veggies + chicken + mint ice cream sandwich + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Speeches (the 5th grade students who wanted to run for something all stand up in front of the other 5th graders, 4th graders, and 6th graders. After their speeches then, all of the 4,5, and 6th grade students along with the teachers will vote on who the next leaders for these positions will be for next year)
9:25- Speeches continued
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Math/ voting for leaders
11:40 - Drama
12:20 - Drama
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Transition buddies (this is where the 5th graders meet up with the transition, grade between preschool and kindergarten, students to show them around the school)
2:35 - Transition buddies went a little longer than planned so when we got back, I read a chapter from Hatchet to them.
3:15 - Home Time

     Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I then got to school a couple minutes after 8, got the board ready, and looked over my lesson for the day.
     The day started with the 5th grade speeches that took about an hour. Everyone did really good and had done a good job at preparing.
     Then the day went on as normal until transition buddies time. We were then going to learn about symbols of a state or country and start drawing their island symbol, but we didn't have a lot of time before they had to pack up, so we just read a chapter from Hatchet which was a good way to end the day I thought.
     After school then, we had gymnastics that I hung around and helped with.
     I then took the bus to the gym, ran 3 miles and did a 15 minute ab workout. I then showered and made it to the bus stop by 6:58, to which I waited about 30 minutes for the next bus to show up :/ so I didn't get home until about 7:45.
     Jeanette and I ate supper then. Takuya was out and Lewis was working so it was just the two of us.
     After supper then, I got ready for bed and read for 30 minutes from my book. I went to bed around 9:45. I was exhausted.

*Only 3 Wednesdays left!
*Only 14 days of school left!
*22 days until I come home! :)

Today was also the day that Australia got their votes back on whether same sex marriage should be legalized. A ballot was sent out and the people had to send back their votes. This wasn't compulsory, but about 79% of the country's population returned their ballots with their votes. Of that 79%, about 62% voted yes. Now this bill has to go to parliament and that process before it is passes. The whole school was mostly in favor of this. I was surprised that it hasn't been passed already. But when I first came here there were 'Yes' signs in a lot of the windows so it's been going on for quite awhile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment