Sunday, November 5, 2017

11-5-2017

Weather: High of 65 degrees. Rainy and overcast all day

Breakfast (went to a cafe with Anne before church) = poached eggs on gluten free toast + juice with watermelon, mint, strawberries, and apples all mixed together
Lunch = yogurt + mango + falafel ball + spinach triangle + little pizza + humus + salad + water
Supper = salad + meatballs + steamed veggies + cheesecake + lemonade + water

    Today I got up at 7:15, got ready, and met Anne at the bus stop to go to church.
    Once we got to the suburb, we met up with one of her friends at the little cafe we were going to eat at and had breakfast. Every time I go, I meet someone new and it's really cool.
    Church was from 10-12. The main pastor was gone, so his wife preached today and it was a really good message. They have a way of adding some humor and making it more relatable. This is nice because it makes it easier to understand and also not so 'heavy'. I'm so thankful I found a church while I'm here. It adds that little part to make the whole experience even better.
    After church then, Anne went to meet a friend for lunch so I looked around the mall for about 45 minutes. I didn't find anything I wanted or wanted to give as presents, so I saved some money today which is good.
    I left around 1. I got on a train, then a bus, then finally walked the rest of the way home. I finally arrived home around 2.
    I then ate some lunch quickly before calling my parents to check in.
    Once I got off the phone with them, I put away some laundry and then talked to Luke for awhile.
*Everyone keeps asking how the long distance thing is working. For us, it has made us stronger. I can't say that will be the case for everyone, but if you base your relationship on trust (and faith) it will go well. So just keep an open mind (both people in the relationship) and don't worry about it because 1. it will either workout and be great, or 2. it wasn't meant to be in the end anyways. Just some advice I have for those people who are deciding whether or not to study abroad. I would say communicate, but also be supportive for each other and hopefully that other person realizes how great of an opportunity this is! :)
    I then did quite a bit of lesson planning for the week. I'm teaching some math, topic, and drama this week!
    Then it was time for supper. I ate, then worked more on lesson planning, updated my blog, got ready for bed, read some in my book, and went to bed around 9:30.

Week 5 of term 4 here I come! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment