Tuesday, November 7, 2017

11-7-2017

Weather: High of 67 degrees. Breezy.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = Salad + banana + chocolate chip gluten free muffin + water
Supper = beef kabob with lettuce, tomato, onion, and humus + ice cream bar + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ finish grammar lesson from yesterday
8:45 - Casey's math lesson on the hectare
9:25 - Math lesson carry over
10:00 - Topic (finished sharing their shelters, read a chapter from Hatchet, and made their avatars)
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - P.E.
11:40 - Language
12:20 - Language
1:00 - Lunch (at bootcamp)
1:55 - Drama (co-taught with Mr. Engelbert)
2:35 - Drama carry over and writing
3:15 - Home time

    Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and went to the bus stop. The bus was running behind and there was a lot of traffic so I didn't get to school until 8:15!
     Once I got to school then, I already had the board ready and my quote up, so I just looked over my lessons and prepared for the day mentally. :)
    All of my lessons went really well so I was happy about that. I am getting more confident with teaching math so that has relieved a lot of stress and anxiety when it comes to lesson plans and teaching.
    In bootcamp, the kids were boxing so I got to partner with one of the kids and let him hit my hands for practice. It was a lot of fun and because I was participating, it made the time go by faster as well.
    I also got all of my correcting done during the day so after school I was able to get the board ready quick and head out.
    I went to the gym after school. Our shower has to be fixed next week so it will be out of use. Because of this then, Jeanette has paid for a gym membership for me for this last month so I can go, workout, and then use the shower! I ran 5k, showered, changed, and caught the bus then to Marickville where I was meeting Jeanette and Lewis to go to a movie.
    We finally all met around 5:30, caught a bus and then a train to the suburb we were going to. We then ate quick and got to the movie by 7.
    The movie we saw was "The Mountain Between Us" and I thought it was really good. I don't think Lewis was a huge fan but he said it was mostly because they talked too fast and his English isn't the greatest right now which makes sense. 
    After the movie then, we caught the train and then walked home. It was a ways, but it was better than having to wait for the buses and then walk home anyway from the bus stop.
   We finally got home around 8:50. I got ready for bed, read a chapter in my book, and went to bed. It had been a long, but fun day! :)

Only 4 more Tuesdays left!
Happy Hump day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment