Friday, November 17, 2017

11-17-2017

Weather: High of 72 degrees with chance of rain throughout the day.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = Salad + nectarine + banana + 1 slice pizza + water + some sweets left over from our meeting at recess time
Supper = beef + steamed veggies + water + mint chocolate ice cream bar

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Read/ Work on reports
8:45 - Mr. Smith who usually does Digital Citizenship was gone so we continued working on our reports/ symbols
9:25 - Library
10:00 - Worked more on reports/ symbols 
10:40 - Recess (we had our Friday meeting during this time in the staff room)
11:00 - Spelling Test/ Extra Golden Time
11:40 - Golden Time
12:20 - Music
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Language
2:35 - Language
3:15 Home Time

     Today I got up, got ready, had breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I then got to school around 7:45. I don't know why the bus was so fast today, but I didn't mind.
    Once I got to school, I waited outside the door because I didn't have a key and the teacher next door wasn't in yet. While waiting I updated my blog from Thursday.
    Mr. Engelbert came about 5 minutes later and let me in. I then got the board ready and finished updating my blog.
    Fridays are really relaxed and they have a lot of other stuff going on outside the classroom so I was able to clean up my files on my computer, read emails, and help the students with their reports whenever they needed. It was a nice 'break' even though I was still teaching.
     At library, I borrowed 4 books for the next week. All of them were books students had recommended and I thought this would be a great way to not only connect with my students, but find out what kind of books 5th graders like to read. The four books I checked out are, 1. Withering-by-Sea by: Judith Rossell, 2 and 3. The first and second book in the Lost World Circus series by: Justin D'Ath, and 4. the first book in The Land of Stories series by: Chris Colfer. I'm excited to read them and talk about them with my students.
     We were done around 12:20 with the students for the day and then Mr. Engelbert and I went over the plan for next week. Because I am teaching full time, he let me plan the schedule which was nice to be able to plan everything from the beginning. I then finished up some work, ate lunch, and headed to the Broadway Shopping Center. I've been looking for a 2018 planner for quite awhile and all the ones I find are too expensive so i wanted to check out target and kmart to see if they had any. I also looked around the stores for awhile too.
     I finally found a planner at kmart for $5. It was exactly what I was looking for and it was super cheap so that was great. I also got found my Christmas dress and H&M for $5. Bargain shopping at its finest!
     After this, I got on a bus and went to Paddy's Market in Market City. Here I found some Christmas gifts for my family.
     I was only there for about an hour so I plan on going back some other time to find more goodies for gifts. It's pretty reasonable prices as well so that's always nice.
     After the market, I got a train and then a bus back home. I finally got back around 6:30, showered in the tub again, and started Withering-by-Sea while I waited for supper.
     We ate supper and then afterwards, I watched a show with Jeanette. I then watched a little bit of a  Harry Potter movie that was on, got ready for bed, and fell asleep. It had been an exhausting week, but only 3 more to go before I come home! :)

*Only 3 Fridays left!
*Only 12 days of school left!
*Only 20 days left before I come home!      

No comments:

Post a Comment