Tuesday, October 31, 2017

10-31-2017 Happy Halloween!

Weather: High of 68 degrees and windy.

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + water
Lunch = salad with cucumber, cheese, peppers, tomatoes, egg, and honey mustard + 1 banana + water
Supper = salad + steamed veggies + roast beef + meat pie + cheesecake + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll call/ silent reading
8:45 - Drama
9:25 - Drama
10:00 - Casey's math lesson on direction
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - PE
11:40 - Language
12:20 - Language
1:00 - Lunch (bootcamp with the 'naughty' kids)
1:55 - PATS math test
2:35 - the tests went a little longer so once they were done, I read Hatchet until it was time to pack up
3:15 - Home time

    Today I go up, got ready, ate breakfast, and caught the bus just like every other day.
    I got to school around 8 am, got the board ready, and printed off the papers I needed for my lesson. My quote of the day was; Shadows of a thousand years rice again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween". In honor of it being Halloween!
    I only taught my math lesson today so it was a really easy day.
    Today, the students got to dress up as their favorite animal if they brought a gold coin ($1 or $2) donation. So, about 3/4 of the class dressed up so that was fun!
    After school I got back around 4:30. I then did a 45 minutes workout off my Nike app and went for a 4 mile walk. It was really windy out today and actually a bit chilly, but it was nice to get outside and enjoy some fresh air!
    Once I got back, I saw Jeanette was outside. I then realized she was out trying to chase down trick-or-treaters to give them candy! We finally got 2 and then later, after supper, one of her friends and her daughter came over for about half an hour. So in total we had 3 trick-or-treaters. Halloween isn't nearly as big as it is in America, but it was still fun to get to experience it here.
    We ate supper around 7, visited with Jeanette's friend and her daughter, then I updated my blog, got ready for bed, and went to bed around 9:30.

Tomorrow is our last day of classes for the week before we got to our outdoor ed camp on Thursday and Friday!
Happy Hump Day tomorrow! :)

 Jeanette's friends' daughter! 1 of our 3 trick-or-treaters :)


No comments:

Post a Comment