Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10-17-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + water
Lunch = salad with tomatoes, cheese, ham, peppers, cucumbers, egg, and honey mustard + rice cakes + water
Supper = steak + salad + steamed veggies + ice cream + lemonade + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Casey's lesson on adaptations and creating a animal
9:25 - Casey's lesson on researching plants and animals on our islands
10:00 - Carry over from the lesson before
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - P.E.
11:40 - Language
12:20 - Langauge
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Math Rotation #3
2:35 - Casey's Grammar lesson on using an apostrophe with contractions
3:15 - Drive by
*After lunch, the guys were installing our new smartboard so we couldn't really be in the classroom. So, we got to go out to the peace garden and do math out there. We then only had about 20 minutes left until the end of the day so instead of doing Grammar we played the game 'Captain's Coming' until it was time to pack up.

    Today I got up a little earlier to make a phone call, which then the person I talked to didn't know the answer to my question and said to all back tomorrow at 9:30 am. This means I have to get up at 1:30 am here, make the phone call, and go back to bed. Oh well. Has to be done so I hope it's worth it. On the plus side I was ahead of schedule in the morning for getting ready so I had a little time to relax before I had to leave for the bus.
    As it turns out, I then left too late and on top of it the bus was a couple minutes early so I didn't catch the 7:18, but luckily the L23 came at 7:25 and I made it to school by 8.
    Once I got to school I got ready for the day and talking to Mr. Engelbert about the day and my lessons. We added a little more detail to my lesson so it would go better.
    At 8:35 students started coming in and at 8:45 I started my lesson. This lesson went for 3 periods and this is the longest I had taught so far. It went really good. I have been struggling with the students talking over me so I started a game today. It's called 'Teacher vs. Student". So if the class is talking and I have to give them 3 warnings, after the 3rd warning it is a point for me. I explained this at 8:50 and I already had a point by 9 am. We ended the day, Miss Harder - 3, the class - 0. This game depends if they get their golden time on Friday, so we will see if they can get points back. They get a point if the whole class is on task and working really hard.
    During recess time, Mr. Engelbert and I sat down to plan next week. Next week I am the full time teacher so I wanted to know what I should teach so I can get a start on it and not have to do it all last minute. Mr. Engelbert said that because I am teaching more now I don't need to do a full lesson plan I just need to do an outline so that'll be helpful.
    After this I worked on my capstone assignments and got caught up for that. Then it was lunch time and an hour left of school so it went by fast.
    After school, I stayed for a bit and corrected some work.
    I caught the 423 bus at 3:50 and got 'home' at 4:30.
    Once I got home, I relaxed until 5 and then I changed and went for a 6 mile run/walk! This only took me 1 hour and 15 minutes so I made pretty good time I think!
    When I got back, and met one of Jeanette's friends and then took a shower.
    We had supper a little earlier tonight (around 7) so that was nice.
    After supper, I caught up on my blog, got ready for bed, read a bit, and went to bed by 9! I have to get up at 1:30 to make a call and I'm really tired so this will be good to get to bed early.

*Tomorrow is hump day! Yay, another week halfway done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment