Saturday, October 21, 2017

10-20-2017

Weather: Today it was pouring rain. It hasn't rained like that since I got here. It was a good rain because we needed it, but not good for people who have to walked to bus stops and such. Also, it was only about 60 degrees, so quite the change from Thursday.

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast
Lunch = watermelon + hard boiled egg + rice cakes
Supper = Roast + salad + steamed veggies + ice cream

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ check homework
8:45 - Digital Citizensip
9:25 - Library
10:00 - Math Rotation 5
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Spelling and working on research papers
11:40 - Golden Time and working on research papers
12:20 - Music
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Language
2:35 - Language
3:15 - Home time


     Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and then walked to the bus stop. Luckily Jeanette let me borrow an umbrella so I didn't get soaked but I was still quite soggy.
    Once at the bus stop, I had to wait for almost 15 minutes before the bus came. I don't know if it was because of the bad weather or what. This in turn made me late for school so I arrived at 8:10. I walked in and a student's parents were there to go over progress and such, so I felt bad for walking in on that. They felt a little uncomfortable with me there anyways, so I went and printed some papers off to keep busy.
    Finally, I was able to go in with the students around 8:35 and get stuff ready.
    The day went by quickly and everything went well. Because the students have music and then their two periods of language in the afternoon, I was able to leave early but Mr. Engelbert asked if I wanted to come to the all staff meeting at one. I didn't really want to, but I thought it'd be a good experience and it's in my requirements to attend, so I went. I didn't take very long and they had free food so that is always a plus.
    After school, I went to the Broadway mall and picked up avocados for Jeanette and to look around some of the shops quick. It wasn't raining then, but when I got out it had started again and the wind had picked up.
    I walked to the bus stop and waited for the 423 to come.
    I finally got home around 2:30 and ate a little lunch.
    I then relaxed for a bit before my workout. Then I workout, showered, and online shopped for a bit.
    Around 7, supper was ready so we ate and talked about our day. Jeanette and I had planned to go out for supper but because it was raining, she just came home and made some here.
    After supper, I watched the movie Cellular then talked with Jeanette and her friend for a bit. Her friend had just been to Christchurch, New Zealand so we compared our trips. I think she got to see more of it then I did and we were there for the same amount of time!
    After that, I read a couple chapters in my book and went to bed around 11. I had to get up at 8 the next more to FaceTime my sister before she went off with friends, so not a lot of sleeping in for me this weekend.

Yay for completing week 6! Almost half way done! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment