Wednesday, October 25, 2017

10-25-2017

Weather: High of 80 degrees with some showers forming in the evening

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad with cucumber, tomato, egg, avocado, peppers, and honey mustard + rice cakes + banana + water
Supper = left over meat from last night + pizza + steamed veggies + mint chocolate ice cream bar + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Finish Reports
8:45 - Assembly
9:25 - Language/ Mr. Engelbert ran the 6th grade enrichment math
10:00 - Language/ Mr. Engelbert ran the 6th grade enrichment math
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Healthy Harold
11:40 - Healthy Harold
12:20 - Healthy Harold until 12:45; the student then wrote about how they should behave better because they were very disrespectful during the presentation
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Math: Rotation #3
2:35 - Camp Meeting/ Pack up
3:15 - Home Time/ Mr. Engelbert runs the gymnastics club.
*There were chairs set up in the gym for the concert tonight, so they watched gymnastic videos for awhile and then could work on little things in the classroom or peace garden.

    Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop like I always do. I got on the 423 bus at 7:20 and headed to school.
    I got to school right at 8, and then I had my meeting with my supervisor (Mr. Hamper) at that time. The meeting lasted about 20 minutes and it went well. He was just going over his observation notes he took while watching my lesson on Tuesday.
    After that, I went to the classroom and got things ready for the day.
    The students got to class at 8:35 and started working on their reports right away. Most groups finished except one, so I will have to talk to them tomorrow to see where they are at because they really need to be done.
    At 8:45 we went down to assembly and started the day.
    They days have been going by so fast, especially today because we had the Happy Harold presentation. During this time, a lady came in and talked to the class about the effects of smoking and how harmful it is. It was a good message and hopefully the students learned from it.
*There were a few students who we had to remind to quit talking about 4-5 times, so when we got back to the classroom the whole class had to write for 5 minutes on how their attitudes should change. This was a good activity because this was the first time I've seen Mr. Engelbert really be hard on them, so it was good to see how he handled it and how the students reacted to it as well. After that, they were pretty good for the rest of the day.
    Today, we also had a camp meeting with the other two 5th grade classes. Next week on Thursday and Friday, we are going to an outdoor ed camp. I get to go along so that should be fun. So, this meeting was just explaining what would be going on and what to bring and not to bring on this trip.
    Finally, they day was over and I had planned on going to gymnastics but Mr. Engelbert then informed me that there was a Professional Development meeting from 4-5 that I would be attending. Yay... (not). Oh well, it's part of the job/ experience. The meeting was on cyber bullying and how to teach kids about being safe on the internet. It was really good and there was a lot of information, but it went past 5 and after a long day I just wanted to go home.
    I finally got the bus and got home around 6:05, I then went for a 4 mile run/ walk.
    I got back around 7, showered, and ate supper.
    I then finished up eating and worked on some homework and got stuff ready for tomorrow. Then I updated my blog, got ready for bed, and went to bed around 10:30.

Tomorrow is an easy day with sport in the afternoon so that won't be too bad. Time for some sleep though, this week has been exhausting.

The trail I usually run on. I decided to take it on my way home from the bus stop! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment