Monday, October 23, 2017

10-22-2017

Weather Today: High of 65 with possible showers in the afternoon and evening

Breakfast = Fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = falafel balls + sweet potato fries + salad + a green bean salad + water
Supper = pulled beef + flat bread + curry + rice + water

    Today I woke up, got ready, walked to the bus stop, and met Anne at the bus stop around 8:30 to go to church. We took the bus all the way to Town Hall and then took the train the little ways that was left to Bondi Junction. We then got a quick coffee (hot chocolate for me) and walked to Jubilee church.
    We got there just in time, and the praise and worship part started at 10:00, with the sermon to follow at 11:00.
    We got done around noon and headed back to the mall for some lunch. We met up with one of Anne's friends who joined us for lunch as well.
    After we ate, we looked around the shops for a bit before I had to catch the train to meet Jeanette at 2:15 at central.
    Once I found her, we got on another train that took us to Circular Quay and then walked the little ways to the Rocks Market. This is a huge market that goes on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was nice and I had a lot of fun looking at all the Australian made products, but then it started to rain. And I mean really rain! So that wasn't too fun, but we made the most of it.
    After looking around the Rocks for a bit, we got on a ferry. The ferry took us to Darling Harbour where we looked around more shops and she showed me around in that area for a bit. We were planning on eating at the Novotel, where Lewis got a job, for supper so we had a little time to kill.
    Around 6:30 we made our way to the Novotel, got seated and ordered our food. It was really good, except the curry was a little too spicy.
    After supper, we then got on the light rail that was going to take us to Dulwich Hill. There wasn't a bus for another hour so we had planned on walking. Hopefully it wasn't raining when we got there.
    When we arrived at the last stop before ours, it was pouring down so it didn't look like it was going to be a very fun walk home. Luckily, when we got to Dulwich Hill it was just sprinkling so we headed home. We got just to the end of the buildings with cover and it started to pour. Thankfully, it didn't last very long and we only had a few drops on the rest of our walk.
    We got back around 9:30, I showered and then went straight to bed. I had had a long and and I had a big week coming up. I'm the full time teacher this week so wish me luck! :)

 The opera house and bridge from my view on the ferry on this rainy day. 
Selfie, because I'm almost already half way done! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment