Friday, October 13, 2017

10-13-2017 Friday the 13th!

Meals Today:
Breakfast = Fresh fruit + 1 slice peanut butter toast + yogurt + milk
Lunch = Salad with peppers, cheese, tomatoes, egg, ham, and honey mustard + an orange and poppyseed muffin + orange juice + water
Supper = a MR steak + mashed potatoes + gai lan (which is kind of like lettuce but a little different) + water + lemon ice cream
*Jeanette and I went to Manly beach for supper last night. Because it's daylight savings now she said we will try to go out to eat at a different beach every Friday if possible! The boys had other stuff going on and Paul was working so it was just the two of us!

My Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading 
8:45 - Digital Citizenship
9:25 - Dove Session on body image
10:00 - Carry over of Dove Session
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - My Treasure Hunt that I had prepared. We also had a little bit of time left so Mr. Engelbert showed a math video on capacity
11:40 - Music
12:20 - Music
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Language
2:35 - Language
3:15 - Go Home
*Today I left at noon because as you can see the students go to other classrooms so we were done with them at 11:40 so Mr. Engelbert and I talked about my lessons for next week and then I went home!

    Yay! Today was Friday! Another week done! This was my 5th week so I only have about 8 left!
    Today I woke up, got ready, ate breakfast, walked to the bus and got on the bus at about 7:20. I have been doing a lot better at getting up and sticking with my morning schedule so I'm happy about that. It also helps me have a nice, easy, relaxed morning if I'm not rushed so that's always good.
   Once I got to school I got ready for the day and took my computer down to IT because it wouldn't let me print. I had to use Mr. Engelbert's computer then to print off the clues for my treasure hunt.
    The students then came in and started reading for the first 10 minutes before we got started.
    Then we had the next 3 periods, recess and then it was time for my treasure hunt. I had hidden 9 clues around the room, in the hallway, and in the peace garden for them to find. Each clue I printed off 6 times so each group had to find one. This worked out really well so if one group saw another group find a clue they wouldn't be able to copy them, they had to find it on their own.
    This hunt was really fun and I think the students really enjoyed it. There was a little confusion on a few of the clues and hurt feelings on who won but for the most part it went really well and I can say I've done one now.
    After the hunt and Mr. Engelbert's math video we took the students to music and then we were done for the day. I really enjoy Fridays!
    Once I got home, I ate and worked out. Then I showered and got ready to catch the bus, train, and then ferry to Manly for supper with Jeanette! Today was the first day I rode the train by myself and it went well.
    We ate and then caught the ferry back. The city was beautiful and night and I'm so happy I got to see it.
    When we got back to the city, we got ice cream and then caught the train to Newtown where when then caught a bus.
    We got home around 10. I then got ready for bed and went to sleep. I was exhausted and ready to sleep in! Yay! :)

 Pictures of the city, opera house, and bridge from the ferry as we were coming back from Manly!


No comments:

Post a Comment