Wednesday, October 18, 2017

10-18-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + water
Lunch = salad + a strawberry kiwi smoothie
Supper = fish + green beans + a banana + 2 pieces of dark chocolate + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Assembly
9:25 - Language (Mr. Engelbert does 6th Grade Math Enrichment during this period and the next so I went along to that)
10:00 - Langauge (6th Grade Math Enrichment)
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Math (Rotation 4)
11:40 - Drama
12:20 - Drama carry-over and Casey's Grammar Lesson on using the apostrophe in contractions for the last 20 minutes
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Casey's Topic: Shipwrecked day 5 lesson
2:35 - Carry-over from the period before
3:15 - Home time
*3:30-4:30 Mr. Engelbert helps out with a gymnastic club so I went to that and helped (as best as I could) as well.

    This morning I woke up and made my phone call at 1:30 am, so I got that taken care of which was good.
    I got up then for the day at 6:10 am and got ready, ate breakfast, and left for the bus by 7:05. The bus was running a bit behind so I didn't get on the 423 until 7:24 but I still made it to school by 8 so that was good.
    Once at school, I got ready for the day and talked to Mr. Engelbert a bit about my lessons and such for the day. Then the kids started to come in and we were off.
    Assembly was good and then we started lessons. I didn't have a lot going on today because I had already planned on doing my Grammar lesson yesterday but we ran out of time, and the shipwrecked lesson today was basically what they had been doing yesterday already.
    At lunch, I met with two ladies and we went to a cafe. They wanted to interview me for the school magazine and get the full scoop on what I thought of the school, how I liked Australia, and what my home town was like. This was really fun and I enjoyed myself so much I was almost late to get back to the classroom. The only down fall to this was that I didn't really get a break today. Usually during language and lunch I am able to relax or work on other stuff, but today we had math during language and this interview during lunch, but it made the day fly by so that was good too.
    After lunch then, we went over the answers in the Grammar books that we were working on before lunch and then went straight into researching more about the plants and animals on their islands for topic. This went really well and it was soon time to pack up and dismiss them.
    After school then, we had gymnastics from 3:30-4:30 so I didn't get home until a little after 5!
    Once I got home, I changed and did 2 workouts off my Nike App and then I went for another 6 miles run/walk. It took my 1 hour and 16 minutes today, so about the same time as yesterday so that was good!
    I got back from my run at 7:30, then I showered and ate a light supper. We eat so late so I'm going to try and start having a lighter supper because it isn't good to eat a big meal and then go to bed a short time after.
    After supper then, I wrote my blog entry, got ready for bed and read for a bit. Then I went to bed at 9:30. I'm exhausted!

Today was a long and busy day, but it just flew by so that was good! Happy hump day everyone! :)
 I walk by this tree every morning! It is so pretty. It is kind of hard to tell but it has purple flowers all over it! :)
  This is the Peace Garden I have been talking about. It is right across the hallway from our room and it is really nice. Even though we are on the 2nd floor, we are able to have this little area to go outside if we want/need. It's really cool and I hope to use it more, if possible, during my lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment