Monday, October 9, 2017

10-9-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast = yogurt + fresh fruit + hard boiled egg + 1 slice of peanut butter toast + milk 
Lunch = salad with peppers, tomatoes, ham, and honey mustard dressing + beets + a macaroon + water
Supper = lemonade + salad + steamed veggies + rice + beef stir fry 
My Schedule at school today:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Casey's lesson: Rules and Expectations, Interest Survey, and Hearing About Their Breaks
9:25 - Casey's lesson: Introduction to Shipwrecked Unit (Ended up still talking about their breaks so we will start this tomorrow!)
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language 
11:40 - Maths
12:20 - Writing
1:00 - Lunch
1:55 - Spelling / Pack up
2:34 - Music 
3:15 - Music 

    Today, I woke up at 6 because now that I'm teaching more Mr. Engelbert wants me to be there at 8 am. So I got up and got ready for the day. I was all ready and had eaten breakfast and everything by 7 so I was proud of myself! Next, I walked to the bus stop and caught the L23 to the stop by the school.
   I taught the first 2 periods today and I think they went really well. We got to share about our breaks which took a lot longer than I thought it would so the 2nd lesson I had prepared for today I'll do tomorrow. Mr. Hamper (my supervisor) is also coming in tomorrow for my first evaluation. He has to do 3 of these throughout the term so I hope my lesson goes well. 
   During language and recess, I used that time to work on my lesson and catch up more on my blog. I'm all caught up now! Yay! :)
    Then for the rest of the day I just observed until the kids went to music. I then talked with Mr. Engelbert about my lessons tomorrow and we rearranged the room so that the kids would be in their correct groups and so that I would have easier access to the whiteboard and the smartboard. 
*Sidenote: today when I came to school we had no smartboard and we had no power! We were in the process of getting a new smartboard and then there was some complications and some misunderstandings so hopefully the new one will be installed soon. Luckily the power came on around 9:30 so that was a plus!
    After school then, I got the 412 bus and got home at 4:45. It had been a long day. 
    Once I got home, I put away my laundry and caught up the rest of the way on my blogs. 
   I then went for a 5 mile run/walk at 6:30 so I got back around 7:30. I then showered quick and got mostly ready for bed. We then had supper, I showed Jeanette and everyone my pictures from my trip, read a chapter out of my book, and went to bed around 9 pm. I was exhausted!

*On my run I saw a beautiful double rainbow but I didn't have my phone to take a picture of it :( It was really pretty though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment