Sunday, October 8, 2017

9-25-2017

My Day: I was heading to Mossman Gorge, Port Douglass, and Palm Cove
- Got up at 5:45 pm and got ready for the day
- Got picked up by the van at 6:45 am
- On our drive, it was early enough so we saw where some wallabies like to congregate in the mornings.
- Passed a nude beach (no one was out there yet)
- Saw a lot of mango trees
- I had a muffin that Jeanette had packed me for breakfast and some water
- The bus took me to Port Douglass and then a different bus took me to Mossman Gorge at 9 am. Funny enough Takuya and his friend where on the same bus, so we walked through the Gorge together! *This also worked out well because I was able to give him his stuff that he had Jeanette pack and give to me to bring to him there.
- Sugar cane is a huge plant grown there and I found out that it travels to the mill on a train. Also, they only have to plant every 3 years because it is a grass so it keeps coming back after they cut it.
- Once we got to the Gorge and started walking through, Takuya's friend (I don't remember his name) said that the mosquitoes were really bad. Ya right! They wouldn't survive in North Dakota where that is practically our state bird. I maybe got bit 3 times and they didn't hardly itch at all.
- When we were almost done walking through, some of the people ahead of us saw a wild pig but it was gone by the time we got up there!
- Once we got back to the main building I ate a sandwich and banana that Jeanette had packed me as well. (She really stocked me up for my trip!)
- Next we left the Gorge at 12:45
- Got back to Port Douglass at 1 and looked around the shops and mall for a bit. I also bought a towel that was thin so it would dry really fast.
- While I was waiting, I got a smoothie from the shop next to the bus 'place' then we left Port Douglass at 3 for Palm Cove.
- When I got to Palm Cove, I walked down to the jetty. I was a little disappointed because the sun was setting so most of the beach was in the shade so I couldn't tan.  So, I walked around and at an orange and some Super Food 'Balls' that Jeanette has also packed for me!
- I was picked up at 6 and headed back to Cairns.
- We got back at 6:45 pm
- When I got back to my room I met a girl from Texas and a girl from Japan. I also switched my bed to a bottom bunk and got everything situated.
- Next, I showered and got ready for bed at 8 and was asleep by 8:45! I was so tired, I fell asleep with the light on!
 Views from my room at the YHA! 

 Palm Cove at sunrise as we drove by.
 Where the wallabies were at. (Kind of hard to see) 
 All of these next ones are from Mossman Gorge! So pretty! 



























 The beach at Port Douglass 
 Palm Cove from standing on the jetty. 



Kind of hard to see, but there was a movie playing on the big screen at our hostel that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment