Monday, October 30, 2017

10-30-2017

Weather: high of 92 degrees. chance of scattered showers in the evening

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = Salad with avocado, tomatoes, egg, peppers, ham, and honey mustard + rice cakes + water
Supper = beef + steamed veggies + salad + mint ice cream + lemonade + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Silent Reading
8:45 - Math Measurement Post Test
9:25 - Casey's lesson on Ecosystems
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Casey's math lesson on grid reference
12:20 - Casey's carry over lesson on grid reference and started mapping their islands
1:00 - Lunch (Helped out Mr. Engelbert with 6 boys for 'game lunch'. Once they've finished eating they then have the remainder of the time to play board games together.)
1:55 - Casey's grammar lesson on synonyms
2:35 - Music
3:15 - Music/ Home Time

    Today I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and went to the bus stop. I then got on the bus and arrived at the school around 8 am.
    Once I got to school, I got things ready for my lessons, wrote the quote of the day on the board, and arranged the schedule on the board for the day.
    This week is back to normal where I don't teach all the lessons so that was a nice break. I still taught 4 periods today, but there wasn't as much stress and pressure like last week. The kids were very chatty and loud today, so we need to remind them to be respectful and to praise the students that are doing the right thing and are on task.
    The day went on as normal, but during lunch I went to the 'Social Skills Lunch' for 6 boys in grade 3. These boys are also part of the bootcamp we run on Tuesdays, so they are a interesting bunch. Many of them have some type of disorder where they have trouble with social skills so these groups are supposed to be helping with that.
    After lunch, they day carried on as normal.
    Once the kids left for music, I got the board and stuff ready for tomorrow. I also corrected their work from today so I didn't end up leaving the school until around 4:30. Oh well, I got it done so that's good and keeps me on top of the grading so it isn't all piled up for me on Friday.
    I then caught the bus and got home around 5:30.
    I quickly changed and went for a 4.25 mile run/ walk which I completed in just over 45 minutes. It was so windy out that it was tough going running into the wind, but I made it and it felt good to get that in for the day! I also did a 30 minute workout off my Nike app when I got back.
    After that, I showered and then it was time for supper.
    We ate and then I did some lesson planning and updated my blog. I then got ready for bed, read for a bit, and went to bed around 10:30. I need to start getting to bed earlier! :/

Goodnight, and Happy Halloween Tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment