Sunday, October 8, 2017

10-2-2017

My Day:
- Woke up at 6:30 to go to yoga at 7:30 but it was at a different place then I thought so I went and had hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll at Starbucks.
- Sat at the 'wifi spot' and checked in with everyone
- Got picked up at 8:40; I almost got in with the wrong 'driver' but luckily the bus came then and I was able to hop on the correct one!
- Next I went on a 5 hour bus ride to Milford Sound. These were some of the facts I learned on the way;
*Lake Wakapuko is about 390 meters deep
*It formed from glaciers
*That area had had 3 ice ages
*The Dart glacier is only about 4 meters long now
*Milford Sound receives the most rain in average in all of New Zealand. On average 7 meters a year
*Deer, sheep, and beef/dairy farming
*The largest form of pollution is from the methane (animal farts).
- On the way, we stopped in Te Anau for something to eat and a bathroom break at 11:30-12
- More facts;
*Lake Te Anau is the largest in the southern island
- We stopped at Eglinton Valley Viewpoint for a quick 5 minutes to take pictures at 12:50
- Stopped at Mirror Lake at 1 pm
- Stopped at Knobs Flat for a bathroom break at 1:15 pm
- Stopped at The Chasm at 2:30 pm
- Got to Milford Sound and out on the boat at 3:10 pm. We had afternoon tea, and then I had a salad from Pita Pit as well
- We left again on the bus at 4:50 pm
- I finally got back to the YHA at 9 pm.
- I got ready for bed and went to bed at 10 pm.
 My breakfast. 
 Spring time in Queenstown. 

 Eglinton Valley!

 Mirror Lake! It was so clear!

 The water is so blue because it is 'fed' from one of the glaciers. 

 Milford Sound!
 Afternoon tea!
 Four Sisters waterfalls at Milford Sound. 
 More views form Milford Sound! Amazing! 

We got to see seals! 
*Fun Fact: This isn't actually a sound its a fjord. There is salt water on the bottom and fresh water on the top! Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment