Thursday, October 26, 2017

10-26-2017

Weather: High of 75 degrees with scattered showers in the evening

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad with peppers, tomatoes, cheese, cucumbers, egg, and honey mustard + rice cake + banana + cupcake from student + water
Supper = gluten free wrap + falafel balls + water + mint chocolate ice cream bar

Schedule:
8:35 - Writing Intros/ Roll Call
8:45 - Math (I taught the enrichment group during this time)
9:25 - Math carry over
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Math: Rotation 4
12:20 - Lunch
1:00 - Sport
1:55 - Sport
2:35 - Sport
3:15 - Home Time/ Drive By

     Today, I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop like normal. I got on the bus and heading into school.
     Once at school, I got everything ready. I also printed off the worksheets and materials we would be using throughout the day. I was only teaching math today, so it was pretty easy to get everything ready.
    After everyone came in, I took the roll and then we split up into our math groups. Mr. Engelbert and I took the enrichment kids (the ones who excel in math) and went up to the high school science room. I then taught them about the difference between mass and weight. This lesson went really well so I was happy about that.
    Later on, I then taught the difference between mass and weight as a brief lesson to the rest of the class before we split up into their math rotation groups.
    Next was lunch, and then we had sport for the rest of the day. This week, again, Mr. Engelbert and I took about 20 students from year 5 and 6 to Sydney University to use their rock climbing wall.
    When we got back then, it was time to pack up and go home. I ended up staying back to correct work, and talk to Mr. Engelbert because I was going to meet Jeanette at Central Station at 5.
    There was a bit of confusion on where to meet so by the time we found each other is was a little past 5:30. The bus ride to where we were going to go was going to take awhile so we decided to go to the mall close by and grab something to eat.
    We then looked around for a bit, picked up some food for Takuya and got a train and bus back home.
    We finally got home around 8:30. I showered, got ready for bed, and finished my book so I finally went to bed around 10:30.

Yay for Friday tomorrow and for finishing my first full week of teaching! :)
 Our classroom all picked up at the end of the day. 
Central Train Station

No comments:

Post a Comment