Sunday, October 8, 2017

9-30-2017

My Day:
- Woke up at 10 am
- Got ready and made some travel plans at the reception area at the YHA
- Went to the 'wifi spot' and talked to my mom!
- Walked around and got my skiing and Milford Sound trips booked.
- Went to an internet cafe in the mall to use a computer to do an assignment for my capstone class at UND.
- Got a hot chocolate and then went and walked around the little market that was going on for the weekend.
- Went to the Green Toad to rent my snow pants, gloves, and ski gear.
- Started up to where I was going to go hiking.
- Ended up following some people from Spain up and they were really nice. The hike took like an hour to get to the top and I was sweating quiet a lot.
- We looked around the cafe and little shops at the top and took some pictures then of the city and got some really amazing photos.
- I then walked back down with one of the girls while the other two girls and the guy took the gondola down.
- We saw some mountain goats on the way down!
- Once we got back down, we went to Furburger and got burgers for supper.
- We then took our burgers down to by the lake and ate them there.
- When we finished she invited me to go out with them that night but I was super tired and I had a big day the next day so I passed.
- When I got back to the YHA, I got ready for bed and went to bed at 9:30 pm!
 Views from our hike!
 They had a Jelly Belly shop so this 'map' was made completely out of jelly beans! 
 Views once we got up to the top!!




 The mountain goats we saw. Kind of hard to see, but the one is white so that was cool!
 More little goats walking through the cemetery at the bottom of our hike.  
 The really good burger place we ate at.
 The menu. I ended up having the 'Sweet Bambi' which was really good but girl I was with was vegan, so I felt a little bad and I was hoping it wasn't actually baby deer. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment