Sunday, October 8, 2017

9-29-2017

My Day:
- Got up at 10:30 and got ready for the day
- Left for a walk at 11:30
- Stopped and checked social media at my 'wifi spot' 
- Shopped at Lululemon for awhile :) the American dollar is worth so much more in New Zealand so it was worth spending the money because I actually didn't have to pay as much!
- Stopped and had a hot chocolate and sandwich at Starbucks around 2 pm
- Walked around the gardens and frolf course then looked around the shops some more. 
- Had spaghetti, red wine, and gelato at Farelli's at 6:15 pm
- I met a family from Sydney. Funny enough, her cousin is the head of English at IGS (the school I'm at) and a friend of his started the school! It was really neat to be able to talk with them and see that it truly is a small world. 
- *I also got a postcard from the restaurant with my receipt so that was nice!
- Next, I went and bought finger gloves with kiwi birds on them because 1. it was a nice souvenir and 2. my hands were cold!
- I also stopped at the 'wifi spot' on my way back to the YHA
- I got back to the YHA around 8:30
- I wrote on my postcard
- Then I talked with the guy at the front desk about skiing and traveling and he was originally from North Carolina!
- Then I went back to my room and there was a new girl there. She ended up being from Fergus Falls and she was going into her 3rd year of medical school at the U of M! Small world! That's getting close to home :)
- Next I got ready for bed and went to bed at 9:30
 My lunch from Starbucks 
 Pictures I took on my walk




 My supper that night! It was very tasty! 
 This was actually the best part :)
 The sunset was beautiful so I stopped and took some pictures on my way back from buy my gloves.

   Looking into the city on my walk back to the YHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment