Sunday, October 8, 2017

10-3-2017

My Day:
- Got up at 6 am to get ready for the day.
- My bus picked me up at 7:40 am and we were off. Goodbye Queenstown.
- On our drive, we went by the bridge where the first commercial bungee was started.
- Next we went through the 'fruit bowl' where a lot of different fruits are grown. They also have several wineries here which was surprising because they have a pretty harsh climate.
- Next we stopped at a fresh fruit shop and I got 3 bananas and some chocolate covered raisins.
- We finally got to Wanaka at 10 am.
- I couldn't check into my room until 1 pm so I was just on my phone for a bit to check in with everyone.
- Next I went exploring through the little town.
- I stopped and had a falafel wrap and a beer at Kai Whakapai around 1. While there I met a couple from the Netherlands
- Next I walked to the 'Wanaka Tree'. I thought this tree would be more exciting then it was. It was just a little tree growing in the lake. It was still cool but in my head I had pictured a giant tree out in the middle.
- I then walked on the trail and found the winery I was looking for. I got there around 2 pm
- Next I did a wine tasting of 5 different wines. This was my first wine tasting so that was cool and an enjoyable experience.
- I left the winery at 3. While there, I met a family from Malaysia and they were really nice and friendly.
- Next I walked back into town and got ice cream (mint and salted chocolate) which was really good!
- While I ate my ice cream, I walked around some of the little shops.
- I went back to the YHA and showered.
- Then I went and got a salad for supper.
- I walked back and was eating my salad on the porch when two guys from Germany sat down and started talking to me while they were drinking their beer.
- They were really nice and I sat on the porch and drank a little with them until about 11.
- I went to bed at 11:20 pm.
 My beer I had with lunch.
 The little restaurant where I had lunch. 
 The lake as I was on my walk. 
 The 'famous' Wanaka tree
 Pictures at the winery! 



 One of the beers the German guys gave me. It was a bit too dark for my taste, but it was alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment