Monday, October 9, 2017

10-7-2017

My Day:
- I got up at 9:30 and checked out at 10.
- I got ready for the day (we had to check out of the room, but we could still use the showers and everything there).
- Next, I ate some left over sushi from the day before.
- I decided then to head over to the art gallery, but it was raining so I stopped in the little cafe and had a carrot cake and a (not very good) cappuccino. In America all the coffees and hot drinks are so sweet so coming here it's very bitter and I find it not very good except the hot chocolate. 
- I met a lady at the cafe who was from Christchurch so we talked about the city and how it is being rebuilt due to the earthquake in 2011.
- Then I walked around the art gallery and square for a bit until it was time to go get my things and head to the bus stop.
- I got my stuff and got to the bus stop just in time for the bus, but turns out you have to pay cash to the driver which I didn't have. I then didn't want to use the ATM so I found a money exchange place and was able to change my $12 American into $16 New Zealand which was nice. 
- I then caught a bus and made my way to the airport.  
- Once I got to the airport, I checked in and went through security. I then found the correct gate and went and had a glass of wine with a salmon and cream cheese bagel while I waited for my flight. 
- We started boarding at 4:45 pm.
- Then, due to the time change, we arrived in Sydney at 6:30 pm, I went through customs and everything and then Jeanette met me there to help me get home on the bus. 
- We stopped and ate at Nico's on the way home (the boys met us there) and then we took the bus back.
- I was exhausted so I took a shower and basically went straight to bed once we got back. 
- I was in bed by 9:30 pm
The 'square' where all the art galleries were located. This was right across the street from the YHA.   

No comments:

Post a Comment