Thursday, October 19, 2017

10-19-2017

Daily Weather: Today was a high of 80 degrees with clear skies and sunny. It was a hot one.

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + 1 hardboiled egg + milk
Lunch = a salad with cheese, ham, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, egg, and honey mustard + 1 banana + water
Supper =

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Writing task
9:00 - Math (Mr. Engelbert teaches all the year 5 students who are advanced at this time)
*I had a meeting with my supervisor to go over my early on evaluation. We went and got a coffee and talked about that and how everything was going!
10:00 - Language
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - Language
11:40 - Casey's Lesson that carries over from the day before so they were just working on their information reports on the plants and animals on their island.
12:20 - Lunch
1:00 - Sport
1:55 - Sport
2:35 - Sport
3:15 - Help with pickup, but I got to go home again.

    Today I got up at 6:10, got ready, ate breakfast, and caught the bus at 7:18. I then got to school around 7:50 and started getting ready for the day. I wrote my quote of the day on the board and looked over my lesson. They were just going to carry on researching and writing their informational reports on the plants and animals found on their island, so I didn't have to go over much.
    Next, the day started and Mr. Engelbert had them doing a writing task right away instead of read. This was because we have to do a certain amount of writing each week, and on Thursdays, we don't start classes until 9, so this is the perfect time to add writing in.
    At 9, I went and met with my supervisor (the principal) to have a meeting about how things were going and to go over the early on evaluation he had to do on me earlyish in the term. We went to a little cafe and had a coffee (or a hot chocolate in my case. The coffee here is so bitter so I'm not a huge fan of it, so I get hot chocolate and it is way better!). He said I was doing really well. He also said if I needed help with my resume or a reference when I'm applying for jobs to not hesitate to ask. This was amazing news because not only is he a principal, he is a principal in a completely different country and part of the world so for him to say that really made me feel good and happy that he would go out of his way to help me like that. *All throughout my college classes, people kept saying "it's not what you know, but who you know" and it is so true the more that time goes on.
    After that, I went and sat in on the enrichment lesson for the last 10 minutes and helped where I could.
    Next during language, I went into the lounge and worked on some lessons and work that needed to be done to get ahead. I am the full time teacher next week so I was just organizing my thoughts and getting an idea on what I could do in each lesson.
    After language, we had one period where they worked on their research and informational papers. They have been working really hard so I am super happy about that. Our "teacher vs. class" game is currently scored at class = 4 and teacher = 3, so hopefully they can keep that up to get their Golden Time tomorrow!
    Next, we at lunch early at 12:20 and then got ready to leave for sport at 1:15.
    Mr. Engelbert is in charge of the rock climbing students so I tag along with him. There are about 20 students that we walk to the University of Sydney where they have a rock climbing room. Everything had been explained last week, so this time they were able to get started right away. I was also able to climb today so that was a lot of fun and it made the time go by faster.
    Once we got back to the school, I packed up my back and headed to the bus stop. I had to wait awhile for the bus, and the it was so packed it took almost an hour to get home. I don't know what the deal was, but I didn't get home until about 4:45.
    Once I got home then, I changed and did two workouts from my Nike app that took 45 minutes. I had walked quite a bit and hit my move goal on my watch so I decided not to go for a run today. I also have two blisters on the bottom of my right foot so I want to try and let them heal up because they are quite painful and irritated when I walk a lot on them. One is in between my big toe and second toe and the other one is on the bottom of my 'ring' toe which I think is due to my middle toe rubbing on it. I don't know what caused the other one though. Well enough about my foot now...
    After my workout, I showered and started my blog while I waited for supper. I also wrote down an outline of my plans for next week in my planner.
    Finally, Jeanette called me for supper and it was just her, Takuya, and me because Lewis was out.
    After supper then, we talked for a little while longer. Then I finished my blog, got ready for bed, read for a bit, and went to bed at 9:30.

Tomorrow is Friday and I get to leave early! Yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment