Sunday, October 15, 2017

10-15-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + orange and poppyseed muffin + milk
Lunch = a lentil burger with ketchup + a banana + water
Snack = banana + a strawberry shake
Supper = chicken + steamed veggies + rice + cheesecake

    Today, I got up at 8:30 to try and get a head start on my day.
    Right away I started laundry, ate breakfast, and then talked to Luke, my grandparents, my family, and a close friend from college. This alone took until around 1pm to finish talking to everyone but I was able to work on some lesson plans and keep at laundry during that time too. It's so hard because during the week I'm either sleeping or at school when I could talk to people, and then they are going to bed by the time I get home so the weekends are my time to talk to them but I also need to do homework then. It's so busy all the time, but that makes the weeks fly by faster which is good.
    After homework and catching up with people, I finally did a workout at 3:15 pm. I got done around 4, quickly showered and ran halfway to the bus stop because I didn't want to be late. Turns out the bus was late so I ran for nothing. Oh well.
    I got on the bus around 4:40 and took it to Marrickville Station where I then took the train to Sydenham. From Sydenham I wen to Bondi Junction and met one of Jeanette's friends (Anne) who I was going to go to church with. I arrived at the station around 5:15, met here and went and got a shake because I was a little hungry and it was a 2 hour service so I didn't want to be starving through it. While I drank my shake, we also met one of her friends who was going to come with us.
    After finding her friend, we then walked 10 minutes up the street to Jubilee which was the church that we were going to.
    This church is a lot like the one we got to in Grand Forks back home but way deeper and intense. It was a great service and experience and I can't wait to go back. Anne is also super nice and inviting. She's going to be like the big sister I always wanted in Sydney. It is really cool as well for her because she is a very godly person and she was an only child so it's a win-win for both of us!!
    After church we caught the train and bus back to Earlwood where we got off. She lives right by the bus stop so I just had a 5 minutes walk home.
    Once I got home I ate supper quick, took a shower, got ready for bed, and updated this journal. It's a late night but it was so worth it. Today was a great day!

Tomorrow starts a new week and I'm ready to see what this one brings! Goodnight everyone :)

 Little parrots or some type of bird on the railing right outside on the balcony! 
   The church I attended. All the people up front are being prayed for and it was just an amazing experience. I'm so thankful I got to attend and have found a good church while I'm here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment