Sunday, October 8, 2017

10-1-2017

My Day:
- Got up at 6:15 am and got ready for the day.
- I got some snacks at the hostel and left around 7 am
- I then went down to where the bus was going to be and grabbed my gear. Luckily it was in the same area and the bus was a little late so I had plenty of time to grab everything.
- The bus got there at 7:40 and then it took about an hour to get up to Cardrona where I was going to go skiing!
- On the way there we drove by Lake Hayes which they said was one of the most photographed lakes in New Zealand. It was really pretty with all the colorful leaves and trees next to the water!
- Finally we made it to the mountain around 9.
- Once I got there I talked to my family and facetimed for a bit to warm up before I went out on the mountain.
- I also ate some Bliss Balls for a snack. *They are my new favorite snack here! So good!
- Next, I went out to ski. Surprisingly the levels (green, blue, and black) were accurate there. I can usually go down blues and even some blacks back home, but here the blues were even a little too scary for me so after a couple blues I stuck mainly to the greens.
The slopes were really long and some of the time I had to stop and equalize my ears because of the change in elevation!
- I came in around 2 and ate some lunch which consisted of a coke, a cheese and steak 'pot pie', and a twix candy bar.
- I then was so tired from being outside and skiing that I just stayed in and waited around until 4 when we left. We took a little different way back so we were able to see some different things which was good.
- We got back around 5:30
- I went to get ice cream at Patagonia which is a really popular ice cream place in New Zealand and it was super good!
- I got back to the hostel around 6:30
- I showered and got ready for bed and went to bed at 9:30
 Lake Hayes as we went by. *Kind of blurry 
 Views as we were driving up to the mountain.


 Views during skiing and from the mountain!! So amazing! 




I tried 'hokey pokey' ice cream which is basically pieces of honeycomb in the ice cream and it was SO good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment