Tuesday, October 24, 2017

10-24-2017

Weather: Today was a high of 79 with clear, blue skies

Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice peanut butter toast + milk
Lunch = salad with tomatoes, peppers, egg, cucumbers, and honey mustard + banana + water
Supper = salad + steamed veggies + beef + mint chocolate ice cream bar + water

Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call/ Working on their letters home
8:45 - Topic lesson; finishing their research papers, getting their supplies for on the island, planning their shelter, and starting to build their shelter
9:25 - carry over from previous lesson
10:00 - carry over from previous lesson
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - P.E.
11:40 - Language
12:20 - Language
1:00 - Lunch; Mr. Engelbert and I went down to help with 'boot camp', in the gym, for the naughty kids
1:55 - Read 5 pages of Hatchet and they did a Reading PATs Test
2:35 - carry over of test, and Math; Rotation #2
3:15 - Home Time

    Today I woke up, got ready, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus stop. I got the 423 at 8:20 and was on my way to school. 
    I got to school and in the classroom right at 8, so I was able to get things ready and talk to Mr. Engelbert about the day. 
    At 8:35 we started the day with adding to the letters 'home' they had started in their topic journals the day before. These were written as their characters and addressed to either friends or family. 
    Next, at 8:45 we started the lesson. We started by taking about 15-20 minutes to finish up their research papers from last week. Next, they got to pick the supplies they would have on their island. This was either 5 or 6 things depending on their group size. Then we went over the guidelines for building their island shelters, which they then had to get approved by me. Finally, after they had been approved they were able to start building. My supervisor was also watching the first part of this lesson, so I'm please with how well it went. We meet tomorrow morning at 8 to go over everything he saw and any pointers he might have. Hopefully he thinks it went as well as I did! 
    Next, the students were busy all the way until after lunch so I was able to work on other things and plan some for next week. 
    After lunch then, I read 5 pages from Hatchet and then they started their PATs reading comprehension test. Once they were done, they went into their math rotation groups and worked on that until the end of the day. Not everyone got to the math part, but at least most of them finished their test so now that is out of the way. We will do the math one next week.
    Finally, at 3:30 I caught the 423 bus and headed home. I got back around 4:20, had a snack and relaxed until around 4:45, and then I started my workout. I did a 45 minute workout off my Nike app and then I went for a 6 mile run/walk. 5 miles of which I did under an hour so I was pretty happy about that and I feel really good after have been consistently working out for about 2 weeks now! 
    After that, I got back around 7 and took a quick shower. We then ate supper and I started updating this blog around 8:15. 
   Once I was finished writing, I got ready for bed, read for a bit, and was in bed by 9-9:30. I've been pretty good at getting to bed at a decent time, not only do I love sleep but I also don't get sick and I have more energy that way! Sleep is amazing. 

Tomorrow is already Wednesday! Happy Hump Day! :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment