Tuesday, October 10, 2017

10-10-2017

Meals Today:
Breakfast = fresh fruit + yogurt + 1 slice of peanut butter toast + water
Lunch = salad with an egg, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, ham, and honey mustard dressing + beets + 1 sugar banana + 1 cutie + 2 macaroons + water
Supper = salad + steak bits + rice + steamed veggies + lemonade + water + cheesecake with ice cream

Todays Schedule:
8:35 - Roll Call (I got to do this today!)
8:45 - Casey's first shipwrecked unit lesson
9:25 - Carry on of my lesson
10:00 - Maths
10:40 - Recess
11:00 - P.E.
11:40 - Language (Mr. Engelbert and I went to a kindergarten classroom to do mindfulness with them)
12:20 - Language
1:00 - Lunch (Mr. Engelbert and I went to the gym to run the 'crazy kids' bootcamp)
1:55 - Drama (I met with Mr. Hamper, my supervisor, to discuss his observations and my lesson)
2:35 - Dram/ Pack up
3:15 - Help with pickup (I got to go home since I don't know the kids and who their parents are)

    Today I got up at 6:15 am and I changed outfits 3 times because it was supposed to be a bit cooler today so I didn't know what to wear. I finally got ready and had breakfast at 6:50, quickly packed up my stuff and left for the bus stop.
    I got to the bust stop and got on the bus at 7:20. It takes a bit to get to the school stop and I finally arrived at 7:45 and made it to the school at 7:50. I then checked in at the office and put my lunch in the fridge in the lounge.
    Next, I got to our classroom and started getting things ready for my lesson. I wanted everything to be perfect because my supervisor was coming in to observe my lesson today!
    The kids all came in at 8:35. I had them grab their stuff off the table and get into their groups on the floor. I then took attendance and let them silent ready/ draw for the next 5 minutes before period 1 was supposed to start.
    At 8: 45 we finally started the lesson and I started with some questions about the book we will be/ started reading, Hatchet. Then I read the first chapter, they answered a few more questions, then we got into the lesson and discussed that this whole term the topic will be 'Shipwrecked' so we went into more discussion about that. Overall I think it was a really good lesson and it went well. I'm excited to teach this unit and see how it plays out as the term goes on!
    The rest of the day was normal and I left the school around 3:30.
    I got to the bus stop and waited for about 20 minutes! Then the bus was so slow and there were some interesting people on the bus that I was getting so annoyed. The bus also took an hour so I didn't get home until 4:40 which it usually doesn't take that long so it just added to me being annoyed and tired.
    When I finally got home, I had a little snack (apple slices and peanut butter) and then started working on my lesson plan for tomorrow. I also looked at the interest surveys the kids took yesterday, and started writing my blog for today.
    At about 7:30 Jeanette called us for supper and we ate and got done around 8:45. We usually eat and then talk for awhile after about our days and to fill everyone in on the 'news'.
    After supper, I finished writing this blog, got ready for bed and went to bed around 9:30 pm. I was exhausted.

Ready for another full, busy day tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment